Faculty Position Announcement Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, National Cheng Kung University
I. Faculty job Opening:
- Full-time assistant professorship and above
- Field of Specialty: Bilingual instruction and language teaching
II. General requirements
- Ph.D. degree in the fields specified above
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Some knowledge of Chinese and/or teaching experience in a Chinese-speaking environment is preferred.
III. Required items for material review
- A CV
- A Publication list/record
- A Ph.D. diploma (photocopy for initial screening)
- An Official transcript
- A Teacher’s Certificate issued by the MOE of R. O. C. and/or Certificate of Appointment by a university or college (photocopy for initial screening)
- A Ph.D. dissertation and academic publications
- Descriptions & syllabi of courses or proposed courses
- Three recommendation letters
- Both the diploma and the transcript must be certified as authentic by the embassies or missions of Republic of China (Taiwan); however, such certification can be waived if the applicant already possesses the Teacher’s Certificate as Assistant Professor (or above) issued by Ministry of Education, R. O. C. Either English or Chinese versions of the two documents should be provided.
- Both hardcopy and electronic files should be sent to the departmental office by the designated date. We will not return the application materials, but we promise to maintain strict confidentiality on all information provided to us.
- Minimum teaching hours per year with the priority of course assignment to the department’s required courses. Elective courses with topics on bilingual education are welcome (ie, theory and practice, curriculum design, implement and development, etc.)
- Please note that a full-time faculty member is obligated not only in teaching, but also in administration and services such as to serve on various committees, serve as advisors/mentors, participate in meetings, activities and NSTC/MOE projects, work on academic research and publication, etc.
V. General Information
- The appointment is expected to begin on February 1, 2023.
- All application materials should be sent to the department office before October 21, 2022 for initial screening.
To: Chair Gi-Zen Liu
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature National Cheng Kung University
No.1, University Road, Tainan City 701, Taiwan
* Job application
- Qualified candidates will be informed about an interview and teaching demonstration in the department at NCKU in Tainan.
- Contact information:
TEL: 886-6-2757575, ext. 52200, 52274
- The department website: